With an upcoming visit to New York, I’m reminded that packing for winter months can be far more difficult than packing for the summer when suitcase space is limited. Gone are the days of thin dresses and strappy sandals —hello bulky sweaters, coats and scarves! While I’ll be bringing along plenty of items that will keep me warm and comfortable, doing so can take up quite a bit of space. The trick is to stay organized and include neutral basics that you can mix and match with one another. With a few key pieces you’ll be able to get the most out of your wardrobe. Below is a list of cozy and functional items I’ll be bringing along on my trip to really maximize the square footage of my small suitcase. Happy travels!
1. To remind me of the comforts of home I always travel with a candle and this slim version with a lid can easily fit into the side pocket of any suitcase.
2. Nothing says comfy and cozy like this classic wool sweater—its neutral color is perfect for mixing and matching.
3. Since I’ll be on vacation, I’ll most likely be sleeping quite a bit longer after the sun comes up so I definitely won’t be leaving without this eye mask!
4. I don’t know how I have ever traveled without a jewelry organizer, but then it’s probably because I hadn’t found one quite as fabulous as this one!
5. These versatile Chelsea boots are just the ticket for being on your feet all day. They can be dressed up or down, they’ll keep you warm, and they’re flat—your feet are going to love you for this (and you’ll love looking down at them).
6. For those long days when you’re unable to charge your phone this iphone battery case will definitely come in handy!
7. Scarves are always a must-have for cold weather and this one is perfect! It can double as a throw on the plane and its versatile color makes it easy to work into any wardrobe.