It’s true… our third birthday is *just* around the corner. Can you believe it?? We couldn’t let an occasion like this pass us by, so we had to call in the big guns. Maddy & Shauna of Confetti Pop are true party professionals. Confetti Pop “is where party inspiration and reality meet up and dance ’til the break of dawn.” Amazing, right?? They create timeless, fun, and inspiring events- and we’re SO thrilled they created a dream party just for us. Maddy & Shauna are here today to share all the details of the event’s inspiration + give you tips to throw your own dream soiree. And if you want to mimic the one you see here?? The gals have listed out each and every DIY over at Confetti Pop. Maddy & Shauna, take it away:
CP: Birthdays are always worth celebrating, and we couldn’t let Rue’s third anniversary pass without throwing a little party. We’re Maddy and Shauna of Confetti Pop, and we designed this modern, organic celebration to honor the magazine we’ve all come to know and love.
We wanted the bash to feel like Rue brought to life, so we incorporated a graphic black and white palette and a vintage modern aesthetic, which matches Rue’s focus on modern, yet eclectic decor. Incorporating natural elements, like wood and herbs, creates a layered, texture-rich feast for the eyes.
CONFETTI POP’S TOP 5 PARTY TIPS:
1. Keep it Simple: Flowers don’t have to be extravagant to be a fab focal point. Put simple flowers in stunning vessels to add character to any tablescape. Our wooden box vessels would look great with any arrangement! Vintage glassware and goblets are great options, as well.
2. Add it Up: Jazz up a tablescape without busting your budget by adding simple pieces to the place settings. For this shoot, we crafted DIY wooden chargers to add an extra finishing touch to the tabletop. To truly make the chargers a cohesive part of the design, we paired them with wood handle flatware.
3. Make it Work: Rather than crafting or buying several items to several different purposes, put those items to work and make them do double, or even triple, duty. Here, our escort cards multi-task as confetti pouches and conversation starters. Little tidbits of trivia about the guests at each table to help break the ice and get the conversation flowing.
4. Eat it Up: Literally take your desserts to heavenly heights with creative displays. We created a skyscraping croquembouche using powdered donut holes, which transforms these everyday treats into a show stopping centerpiece.
5. Hang it Up: another way to take the party to new heights is by adding festive garlands and backdrops. Our braided garlands are the perfect accent to emphasize the venue’s high ceilings. If your view isn’t quite this stunning, stands of garland can also camouflage the landlord’s drab paint color, your kid’s drawing on the wall, and a myriad of other interior woes.
-Styling, DIY Projects, and Concept by Confetti Pop
-Photography by Paper Antler
-Floral Design by Studio Fleurette
-Wholesale Flowers from FiftyFlowers
-Venue at Mystical Rose Gardens in Baldwin, WI
-Honeycomb Tissue Balls, Glassine Envelopes, and Drink Stand Bottles from Shop Sweet Lulu
-Bulk Candy from Candy Warehouse